Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fire Anniversary

21 years. The length of time, as of today, that I've been married to my best friend and the most amazing man on the planet.

A couple days ago I mentioned to our 12 year old daughter the upcoming anniversary and the lack of a gift or a plan to recognize the occasion. The next thing I know, she's showing me the Hallmark website and what it says an appropriate 21 year anniversary gift is. I literally laughed. Why? Because it's fire. 

I use a flaming torch several days a week to melt glass. A sample of me working:






He moonlights as a pyrotechnician. A sample of his work:



What is even more funny? I've been nagging him to take me to Hawaii for at least 3 years now. I rarely nag. But I'm kind of obsessed with going to Hawaii. And if you click on 21 and read the description, it says under gift ideas:

Splurge:

Visit an active volcano, such as Kilauea in Hawaii....

Unfortunately a trip to Hawaii isn't in the cards this year. So I decided to try to find some fire themed handmade items instead.

I adore this sterling silver match stick pendant, packaged in a match box by fullmoonmetal.




 Then there's the popular symbol for love. A bronze heart pendant with a fiery color theme by Lesley Watt


This flame red toggle by Karen Totten would look fabulous in flame colors ombre pattern crystals or seed beads....yellow fading to orange fading to red.   


The sexy black and red of this necklace could totally represent the lava and stone of Kilauea. 


Speaking of Kilauea, this GORGEOUS glass vase is made to represent that very volcano, and while it may cost less than a trip to see the volcano in person, it would fall into the splurge category. Worth every penny by Moe Hot Glass


Cool sterling silver contrasts the hot flames of these earrings by SilviasCreations


For years, I've coveted one of these fire pits with flames that dance around the edge by John T Unger. Maybe the fire anniversary is the appropriate time to get one? 


However, what we really need is a set of fireplace tools. And I love this branch set by Deschutes Iron Forge



-Jen Cameron



23 comments :

  1. Happiest of Anniversaries to you and WOW all the amazing fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some extremely cool stuff you found!!! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Fire anniversary! Wow, you could do a lot with that! :) !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that is just too appropriate! And I love all the fire themed pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is strange how we both have an addiction to fire, but completely different purposes. He blows stuff up, I create stuff.

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary! I think that you should get the firepit! That way you can have lots of romantic nights under the stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Lecia! It's a bit outside the budget though, or I probably would have gotten it a long time ago ;-)

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Loved your videos! You make lampworking look way too easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talk about a match made in fire! Happy anniversary to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary Jen - may the flame burn long and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary and wishing you many more. Have fun splurging on some fire themed items. If possible have a bonfire date to celebrate the day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh and wouldn't that fire pit look just gorgeous by the lake! Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! I'm certain you can create your own fire in one way or another. ;)

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.