Monday, May 26, 2014

Let the Bead Fest Games Begin!

It's that time of year!  Time to start prepping for vending at Bead Fest Philly.  Yes, the event is not until the end of August but it does take me about 3 months to get ready.  I like to have a nice assortment of stoneware and porcelain with me.  This year I'd also like to see my raku return.  What does this mean?  Well, I need to get my stoneware and porcelain work finished up by the end of June so that I can have July to do 2-3 raku firings and hopefully 1-2 more in August before the show.
Right now I'm working on some new designs,  samples for the bead cruise (one of my cabochons is being used as the focal for Beverly Herman's "Star of the Sea" class), inventory for Etsy, swaps I promised people AND inventory for Bead Fest.
It can be difficult finding a balance to do all these things and sometimes I feel like the funny face in the photo.  
I keep it all straight by making lists...LOTS of lists!  At the end of the day, I know I'll pull it all together and be ready for the show in time.  I've already done this twice before so it's just a matter of staying organized (again, lists) and eating a lot of candy (yes, that's my big not-so-secret).  

Now excuse me while I go hide in the bead cave for the next three months....

Diana P.

4 comments :

  1. You will do great! Enjoy the candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uff da! You're a machine! Can't wait to see pictures of all the finished loot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have the best selection don't fret!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want all the funny faces! You already have way more done than I do :-)

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.